Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Au revoir, Shanghai.

Tonight, we will collect our darling children from the airport, weather gods permitting (knock on wood!)
I have it on good authority that my daughter is returning from China with 2000+ photos! I'm hoping for 2000+ stories as well. May all of our travelers share their stories and pictures with their families.

Here are some links to a blog in which *Jeanne Lawrence shares some of her hundreds of thousands of photos of Shanghai:
June 21's post contrasts the old and the new, with glorious photos of markets.
Her June 29 post documents a visit by a group from the San Francisco Museum of Asian Art to the Shanghai Museum and artists' studios, and gives us a glimpse of their fancy hotel.

In her July 7 post, the SF group takes a day trip on the bullet train to Huangzho, visiting a calligraphy studio as well as other art venues.

If you want to a fantasy trip to Shanghai, I recommend clicking on these links!

*Urbanite Jeanne Lawrence reports on lifestyle and travel from her homes in San Francisco, Shanghai, and New York, and wherever else she finds a good story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Momo. I'm checking out of here now, but wanted to thank you for the efforts you put into keeping us all informed of the Tiger's progress in China. The site was a wonderful, informative tool.

    Jamie Hutt

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated.